Jobs at the Museum
The Museum is currently recruiting Volunteers, Interns and Docents for the summer! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Museum is currently seeking a Community Engagement and Outreach Manager to join the team! Please see the job description below, and if interested and qualified, contact email@example.com.
Napa Valley Museum (NVM) is seeking an experienced leader to serve as Community Engagement and Outreach Manager. NVM is dedicated to providing unique experiences that enrich the cultural fabric of our community through exhibitions, community and educational outreach. NVM inspires residents to learn about our art, history and environment and to collect, preserve and display art and artifacts. Directly reporting to our Executive Director, this position requires an exceptional person who combines a friendly, approachable and inspiring personality with a strong, disciplined work ethic and flawless attention to detail and professionalism. This individual will foster a positive atmosphere of cooperation with Trustees, Staff, Volunteers, Members and our community partners, to enhance NVM’s reputation and to advance NVM’s mission and goals
About Napa Valley Museum
NVM was founded in1972 by individuals concerned with preserving Vintage Hall in St Helena. This dedicated group of citizens realized that Napa was one of the few counties in the state lacking a Museum focused on its regional heritage, and so NVM was created to celebrate Napa Valley’s art, history and culture. In 1998, NVM opened in a new building in Yountville, on the grounds of the Veteran’s Home of California. NVM is a 503(c)3 organization funded primarily by donations, grants, membership dues with an operating budget of $580k and a current staff of three full time and three part time employees, plus a dedicated group of Trustees and volunteers. NVM houses three galleries dedicated to diverse art exhibitions, local history and a showcase space for local artists.
- Recruit, engage and educate. Provide leadership vision
- Assess the need for Volunteers to enhance program/service delivery
- Handle daily management and direct supervision of Volunteers
- Create and manage assignments and responsibilities
- Provide guidance, support, resource tools and meaningful work
- Update existing NVM Volunteer Handbook and implement
- Partner with other staff, including Education Manager and Collections Manager, in recruiting volunteers for specialized needs and events
Membership & Partnership Management and Development
- Recruit new memberships and partnerships
- Provide excellent Customer Service to new and existing members
- Develop goals and action plans for membership and partnership development and retention, including corporate sponsorships. Track results.
- Assist in creating and updating membership and marketing materials, including letters, renewals, membership cards, welcome packets, fact sheets, directories and surveys.
- Analyze and improve existing programs, materials and rates
- Assist in writing membership, partnership and sponsorship recruitment materials, appeal letters, brochures, etc.
- Practice Relationship-building with prospective partners
- Respond promptly to inquiries from prospective members, Trustees and others
- Partner with other staff to help turn members into patrons and donors
- Manage data bases and systems pertaining to membership records and renewals.
Facilities Rental Management
- Build income through promotion and rental of NVM’s indoor and outdoor spaces to private parties and business organizations.
- Serve as point person for all facility rental clients and inquiries, ensuring a positive rental experience, hence increasing referral and repeat business
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with rental clients, actively seek out new clients through various professional associations and tourist focused organizations and businesses
- Update, implement, monitor and maintain existing policies and procedures
- Update and improve existing site renal agreements, ensuring competitive rates
- Oversee budgetary aspects of facility rentals, including income/expense tracking
- Secure all permits, insurance and ensure compliance with all terms of rental agreements for safe and sustainable use of facility
- Maintain a preferred caterer/vendors list and confirm that qualifications and requirements are met
- Successful Volunteer relations and recruitment skills
- Successful Member relations and recruitment skills
- Leadership and management experience and skills
- Proven track record of Customer Service
- Strong personal ethics, positive attitude and innovative approach to day-today management and responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience working with non-profit, for profit organizations
- Knowledge and experience working with hospitality and tourist agencies and businesses
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relationships with local businesses and organizations, who would be potential sponsors and partners, a plus
This is a fulltime exempt position with health and other benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The nature of this position requires working weekends and some evenings; regular Saturday staffing of the Museum would be required. NVM is an at-will employer, which means either NVM or its employees may terminate the employee-employer relationship at any time without notice.
How to apply
Please submit letter of interest, resume and salary requirements as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read “Community Engagement and Outreach Manager Application.” Thank you for your interest in the Napa Valley Museum.