Miles Davis: The Art of Cool
Napa Valley Museum, in partnership with Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln Theater, presented Miles Davis: The Art Of Cool, on display June 8 through July 28, 2014. The exhibition featured original artwork by Miles Davis, on display at both Napa Valley Museum and Lincoln Theater, in addition to personal effects. Curated by Kristie A. Sheppard & Meagan Doud. Admission was $10 for adults, $3.50 for seniors, $2.50 for children and free for Museum members.
- The exhibition was sponsored by Miner Family Winery, Napa Valley Museum Board of Trustees, Dean & DeLuca, Napa Valley Community Foundation, Tulsa and Simone Fund, Opportunity Fund, Lambert Family Fund, Turley Family Fund and Kieran Robinson Wines.
- Guided Tour
- Saturday, July 20 at 11am
Included in admission
- Evening with Miles presented by Bruce Hopewell
- Thursday, July 25 at 7pm
$10 for Museum Members/$20 for Guests
Reservations Required – Info@NapaValleyMuseum.org or 707.944.0500
- Live in the Lobby
- Friday, July 26 from 5-10pm
Call Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln Theater for more information – 707.944.9900
- Miles Davis Tribute Concert featuring Jimmy Cobb at Lincoln Theater
Legendary drummer Jimmy Cobb will headline a tribute concert celebrating Miles Davis’ enduring jazz legacy and the iconic 1959’s quadruple-platinum album ‘Kind of Blue,’ which Rolling Stone Magazine called: “one of the most important, influential and popular albums in jazz.” Buy Tickets Online.