Update Regarding COVID-19
The State and County have re-imposed restrictions on indoor museums. The Napa Valley Museum Yountville is tentatively planning a September 1 reopening date; please stay tuned here, subscribe to our newsletter, or follow us on Facebook for the latest news.
The State and County are easing restrictions on indoor museums. The Napa Valley Museum Yountville is tentatively planning an August 1 reopening date; please stay tuned here, subscribe to our newsletter, or follow us on Facebook for the latest news. Meanwhile check out our virtual tours!
Given measures restricting access to the Veterans Home property and the need to protect the vulnerable veterans home population, along with the Governor’s announced restrictions on non-essential activities and home isolation of all seniors in the State, the Museum is closing to the public for at least two weeks, to April 1. The office will remain open for the next few days as we transition to remote work for key employees.
The Napa Valley Museum Yountville is working closely with the California State Veterans Home Yountville, and is monitoring the latest information from the State of California, Town of Yountville and Napa County Public Health , as well as information and guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Museum’s priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our visitors, staff and volunteers. Because we are fully committed to ensuring our spaces are safe and welcoming to all, we’re providing you with information about what Napa County Public Health, and the CDC recommends, plus what the Museum is doing:
Take Care of Your Health and Help Protect Others by:
- Staying home if you’re not feeling well.
- Washing your hands frequently (use soap and water for at least 20 seconds) or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Maintaining social distance (at least an arm’s length or 3-6 ft. between yourself and others).
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Visiting the Napa County website for current information about local and national recommendations regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Measures Being Taken at the Napa Valley Museum Yountville:
- Encouraging Museum staff and volunteers to wash their hands frequently and stay home when sick
- Wiping down frequently touched surfaces using disinfecting wipes
- Temporarily cancelling large group tours to the Museum
- Advising that visitors who have been exposed to the virus, or who are sick, or who are caring for someone who is sick, should visit us another time.
- All galleries have been closed through at least April 1
- Scheduled programs/events have been cancelled through at least April 1
The Napa Valley Museum Yountville thanks you for your continued support and for helping us to keep our Museum galleries safe and welcoming.
Napa County: https://www.countyofnapa.org/2739/Coronavirus