Volunteer & Internships
Complete the Napa Valley Museum Volunteer Application below or you may complete the downloadable form at the bottom of this page then email it to Laura Rafaty, Executive Director
Napa Valley Museum volunteers are a treasured asset, who help enhance the culture of our region by providing a vital link between the Museum and the community.
- Visitor Services: Greet visitors and give tours
- Museum-in-the-Classroom: Present educational programs to students throughout the valley
- Office Assistance: Assist with mailings, phone calls and office duties, post flyers, submit events online, design collateral material
- Special Events/Programs: Help with set-up, food and beverage service,greet attendees while enjoying the museum’s many activities
- Collections Management: Help organize collections items
- Exhibitions: Help install exhibitions
- Complimentary individual membership each year you volunteer/intern
- Annual recognition event
- 15% discount in Museum Gift Shop
- Free unlimited admission for one to the Museum
- Special private briefings with artists
- Exclusive Volunteer/Intern only events and opportunities
- Discount tickets to events and special programs
For more information on our Volunteer Programs, please contact Laura at 707-944-0500 x110.
An internship at Napa Valley Museum is perfect for any student interested in museum studies, arts management, education, marketing and other museum-related fields. Museum interns will learn about and get hands-on experience in collections, exhibition development, marketing, education and fundraising. Museum interns are responsible for staffing the gallery for a minimum of one shift per week and one weekend shift per month.
To apply for an internship at the Napa Valley Museum, please use the form below or send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. All internships are unpaid and require at least 150 hours of work per semester (Fall, Spring or Summer) and at least one weekend day per month during internship. Interns must be currently enrolled in school although limited internships may be available immediately after graduation.